Karyn Jones
Karyn Jones, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Diploma of Counselling and Transactional Analysis Counselling, Lifeline counselling, Pastoral Care.

Ive been feeling down for a long time, and I believe its affecting my life... I neve

Ive been feeling down for a long time, and I believe it's affecting my life... I never considered depression until now. What are the signs of depression?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Karyn Jones replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for bringing your concerns to Just Answer...and I am so sorry to hear of your feeling so down..and feel for you much in this not an easy time for you...
To help you though, signs of depression to watch out for ...include: Depressed mood
  • Loss of interest or pleasure in activities you used to enjoy
  • Feelings of guilt, hopelessness and worthlessness
  • Suicidal thoughts or recurrent thoughts of death
  • Sleep disturbance (sleeping more or sleeping less)
  • Appetite and weight changes
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Lack of energy and fatigue
  • lethargy
  • feeling disinterested, unexcited..
  • lack motivation....Please know that if you think you may be experiencing any of these symptoms above, it would be a good idea to talk to your Dr and or health care provider as soon as you are able...You will be able to discuss options open to you while there in aid of any symptoms..In the meantime do take very good care of 'self' though at this time..even if you can get out for walks or listen to some relaxing and up lifting music it is very good for ones spirit'.Please 'accept' my response if it has as it also contributes much by way of keeping this very valuable service going for you and others alike in the future...My thoughts will also be with you at this time...Kindest regards XXXXX XXXXX (ProfClinicalDipCounBmin)