Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.

Over the last year I have been experiencing bouts of diarrea

Over the last year I have been experiencing bouts of diarrea and more recently feeling low and depressed. I have experienced panic attacks in the past and can fee these feelings coming back. My GP says there is nothing wrong with me and has sent me away but I am feeling stressed out and am finding it difficult to get to work in the mornings. I went back for a second opinion and they are taking a blood test but will this show depression and anxiety symptoms
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 years ago.
I don't know what diahrea has to do with it but the blood tests can't tell you if your feeling anxious or depressed. It is a shame that your GP won't listen to your concerns. Since you have been through these symptoms before, I would say you have to take matters into your own hands and seek out a mental health professional. that person would be able to help you with the depression and panic attacks. You can ask your GP for a referral if need be and maybe then your GP will take you seriously.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am assuming that diarrea is part of it as I experience bouts of it after stressful periods at work?
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 years ago.
I am just saying that depression and diahrea don't go hand in hand.