psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

LAST AUTUMN MY HUSBAND ASKED ME IF HE HAD A PERSONALITY.he

Customer Question

LAST AUTUMN MY HUSBAND ASKED ME IF HE HAD A PERSONALITY.he then went on to start a physical relationship outside the marriage and left in March 2011. Since then he has been threateneing, full of his own importance,inconsiderate and abusive. I fear for his mental health. He has had violent rages out of nowhere in the past
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

It sounds like your husband is better outside the home. You don't have to deal with him now that he has moved on unless absolutely necessary. Create your safe world in which he is not a part. Avoid the possibility that he will be angry by eliminating any role other than what is necessary. His temper is no longer your problem. Don't "fear" for his mental health unless he is doing the same. He has to want to change himself. If he is acting irrationally let him come to that conclusion. He can see he has problems. It is not your job to point them out. You function in your life and he can function in his. He has to want to be a positive person. I would focus on issues that are present in my life and not be his partner or protector. Let him figure it out

If this has been helpful press accept

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thx id developed my question but couldnt delet this one-have you seen it?

Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
I don't know about another question but you can ask me now