Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt

I just received a message asking me to play on the team I mentioned.

I just received a message asking me to play on the team I mentioned. I know I was chosen after someone else declined. Should I let the hurt go and accept?

Your response to them is going to be based on your conviction. 1/ if you love the sport and enjoy your team members, then why not play? 2/ if you decline, that can be seen as a passive aggressive behavior and no one wins in that situation.

These sort of things happen in life to test us and to make us stronger as you know life is never free of some sort of contradiction here and there. If you chose to play, then you come up the stronger person in this in the end. If anything disappointing of sorts is to happen again in life at some point, you'd already know how to deal with it.