Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

on a recent show, Dr Phil talked about a DNA test for rage.

on a recent show, Dr Phil talked about a DNA test for rage. How can I find out more about that?
thank you
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 3 years ago.

Dr.Keane :

I can help you today.

Customer:

ok

Dr.Keane :

Do you want to know more about the how to get the test done? or do you want more information about the gene that is responsible, the "warrior" gene?

Customer:

the test at this point. I've done lots of anger mangement throughout the years. Still deal with "handleing" it constantly. It would not become an excuse but would help understand and may help my son. He's 23.

Dr.Keane :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX get the test done using a DNA kit which I believe is available through Family Tree, the DNA testing company. You can also ask your son's doctor if they are able to do it, it is a relatively easy feat these days and becoming more popular. I am glad you realize that is may identify the genetic component but he needs to do the anger management work.

Customer:

absolutely! I would stress that too.

Dr.Keane :

If you choose to use your own doctor you are looking for the Monoamine Oxidase A gene.

Customer:

ok, thanks so much

Dr.Keane :

I know Family tree has a web site and a list of products.

Dr.Keane :

You swab and mail it back to them for analysis. You are welcome. Please accept so I get credit today. Thanks.

Customer:

perfect! I would ask more about the warrior gene but goota go to work :)

Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.