psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

There has to be something very wrong with me. I cant seem

Customer Question

There has to be something very wrong with me. I can't seem to get going to do the least thing, my house is a cluttered mess, it never was before in my life, and I gained over 65 pounds over the last couple of years. No matter what I tell my self about staying on a good diet, changing things, I seem just not to be able to do it. I know what to do, but I can't force myself to do what I know would make a positive change for me. I tried taking medication - Zoloft, also Prozak, and that didn't help either. I know there is nothing you can tell me that I haven't either read or said myself, but I guess I keep hoping for some magic solution for my own lack of ability to make positive changes in my own life. Thanks, anyway. At this point, I've been there & done that, and for what ever cursed reasons now nothing is working that always used to work for me. As I write this , I know in my heart that it is a waste of time. I hate it, I hate myself for being so fat and not being able to stay on any diet.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 2 years ago.

You are right about something. The problem is something deeper. The problem can be poor self esteem or something that drives this weight issue. You have to treat the core of the problem not just the symptom. The core is something driving you to eat. No diet will work if the problem is something deeper. Find a psychologist that can help you stop eating and feel better emotionally. Nothing is hopeless. You haven't tried everything. This seems to have been a problem for years and it is time to fix it. Find a way to work on you that is internal. You could have problems that perpetuate this need to eat. Maybe their is a mood disorder. You have to treat that! think enough of yourself to treat the whole problem

I can opt out for a doctor but I had to say this first. If this has been helpful press accept. If you want doctor I will opt out

psychlady, Therapist
Experience: Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have in the past done just this, including going to a hypno- therapist, didn't work either, not for dieting nor for smoking at that time, I just feel that it's too late for any of this. I have tried it all, psychiatrist and psychologist and here I am, with the same issues, 30 years later. What I have gone through what I have done, just to be normal, is amazing . I had a gastro by pass, 5 plastic surgery operations for excess skin removal, then fell into a trough and did catastrophic damage to my ankle. Did not walk for almost 2 years and gained back over 65 pounds, Am I disgusted ? Yes, I hate myself and my body for sabatauge there is no answer to this, no answer for me. I have lived this hell for all my life.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no answer unless it is putting me into a health sanatorium , under lock and key, to restrict my food intake. I need no less at this point.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I struggle for an answer for me. I hate my life now, I m fat , can hardly walk, Now what ? The grave ?
Expert:  psychlady replied 2 years ago.
If you are sucidal you have to stop this and call 911
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are wrong to suspect that, back to the books for you, and more experience needed. Sorry, I just wrote a long response but it got knocked out somehow, so ok.