Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist

Hi Dr. Olsen, Thank you for the answer to my first question.

Hi Dr. Olsen, Thank you for the answer to my first question. It was very helpful. As a related question - How do I get over my overwhelming need to have a face to face conversation with the guy I was just in a relationship with? I found out via e-mail that he had a live-in girlfriend. (It really wasn't as simple as that sounds, but that was the end result). I know that would be enough for some to get angry & want nothing to do with a guy. But I really thought, from his actions and words, that we had something special and he was different. Because of that, I want to talk face to face like 2 adults instead of having texts and e-mails back and forth. If he won't commit to a face to face, how do I get closure and move on with my life?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 5 years ago.
You are very welcome.
Thank you for writing in JustAnswer again.
I will work on my answer.
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for waiting.
I can imagine how sad and angry you must have been with your ex boyfriend. It sounds like you found he had a live-in girlfriend.
You trusted him. Perhaps, he fell for you and started dating you though he had the girlfriend.
I can understand that you want to meet and talk with him in person.
He may be feeling bad or guilty about his lie or betrayal. He also may be afraid of meeting you as he thinks you are angry at him.
I am not sure if he is the kind of person who you want to care.
But, I know you want him to talk to you face-to-face as you were in a relationship with him until recently.

Perhaps, you may tell him that you are not angry at him (even though you are) and want to talk to him in person, so you can overcome your pain and move on with your life.

I hope he is mature enough to talk to you about what's going on with him in person.

If he does not, he may be just an immature person that you should forget and let go of.

Please let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any. Warm regards,