Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist
46062601

hi i dont no whats wrong with me i feel like i dont wanna

hi i dont no whats wrong with me i feel like i dont wXXXXX XXXXXve anymore my moods keep changin i shout at myself and hit myself im on anti-depressons but i been like that b4 i started taking them what do u think i have thanks
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for writing in JustAnswer.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
Let me ask you a few questions first.
Do you feel sad, hopeless or anxious all the time?
Or do you experience mood swings that range from of the lows of depression to the highs of mania?
Please let me know by clicking on “Reply” and I will then craft my response.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i feel down most of the time and hopeless and get stressed out with my dog because whinging all the time nearly one min im happy then the next feel down

i get mad with my boyfriend 4 no reason shout at myself hit myself i been takin anti depressions thank you i hope u can help me i hate it i cant control it my relationship with my boyfriend is gettin worse because of it oh yeah i think im not good enough 4 him i think one day he will cheat on me its probley just me thinkin like that

Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your response.
It sounds like you have had mood swings, mostly depressed mood.
You may have Bipolar disorder or manic-depressive disorder. It causes mood swings that range from of the lows of depression to the highs of mania. When you become depressed, you may feel sad or hopeless and lose interest or pleasure in most activities. When your mood shifts in the other direction, you may feel euphoric and full of energy. Mood shifts may only occur only a few times a year, or as often as several times a day.
If you have Bipolar disorder, antidepressants may not work well on your condition.

Some medical condition may cause mood swings in you. So, you may need a physical check-up to detect and rule out any medical condition that may be causing mood swings in you.

I would advise you to see a psychologist or a psychiatrist for psychological assessment.

If you have bipolar disorder, you may need to work with a psychiatrist (M.D.) and a psychotherapist. Treatment for bipolar disorder consists of pharmacotherapy (by psychiatrist), individual psychotherapy (Cognitive-behavior therapy - CBT) or Interpersonal therapy (ITP) by a psychologist or psychotherapist), and group therapy or support group by a psychotherapist. Pharmacotherapy is a critical aspect of treatment. Individual psychotherapy will help you for support, ventilation of feelings, coping skills training, and direct advice. Group therapy is useful for you to address the issues – adherence to medication and therapy, regulation of self-esteem, and management of other psychosocial issues.

In addition, walking, jogging, yoga, swimming, aerobic exercise, biofeedback, acupuncture, nutrition, and massage therapy may be helpful to manage and improve your mood.

I hope you get well.

Please let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any. Warm regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.