Dr. K
Dr. K, Psychiatrist
Experience:  15 years clinical experience in all areas of psychiatry. Holistic and practical approach.
50493013

Do people who are paranoid have an over senditive smell,there

Do people who are paranoid have an over senditive smell,there is always the problem with mildow ,everything is always rotting in their mind?people are always talking about them .Are they always over sensitive in everything?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. K replied 5 years ago.

Many people with a variety of symptoms (paranoia, delirium, bipolar, & schizophrenia are just a few) have a nervous system that is hypersensitive to sights, sounds, or smells. This is actually a relatively common occurence.

There are various treatment options for such symptoms including medications. The best thing to do is talk to a live doctor to get a full & comprehensive evluation to see which treatments are the best for you.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more feedback. Good luck & take care.
______________________________________________________________________
Please let me know if you need more information. We can continue the dialog until you are satisfied. Once you are happy with the answers don't forget to hit the ACCEPT button & provide expert feedback. Also remember that this is not an official doctor patient relationship and not a substitute for a full live psychiatric evaluation. Thank you for using justanswers.com