mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience

what exactly is agitated depression

what exactly is agitated depression
Good afternoon and I hope this finds you well. Agitated depression is a form of depression that presents with atypical symptoms. Instead of the depressed individual demonstrating classic symptoms such as lethargy, decline in energy and motivation, crying presents itself in the form of aggressive mannerisms, severe frustration and anger, etc. Individuals with this specific form of depression often go misdiagnosed with anger problems or being labeled as "difficult" or "mean" until the underlying reasons are finally noticed and addressed.

The treatment is virtually identical to s regular depression including medication, cognitive behavior therapy, etc.

I hope that I've been helpful in answering your question and that you found my suggestions to be of benefit to you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions as I want to ensure your question is completely and thoroughly answered.

If you feel I've answered your question to your satisfaction I would sincerely XXXXX XXXXX clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.