Dr. K
Dr. K, Psychiatrist
Experience:  15 years clinical experience in all areas of psychiatry. Holistic and practical approach.

The voice I used to listen was not from insidey head but on

The voice I used to listen was not from inside my was more like in my stomach.i did not have there any difference between listening in side your head or ouside your head?but I had trouble sleeping that is one of the reason I was prescribed a medicine.why did I listen voice?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. K replied 5 years ago.
There may be a scientific difference between voices that come from inside your head, from your stomach, or outside your head. We don't completely understand this phenomenon yet.

The good news is that, practically speaking, the treatment is the same. The best treatment we have for hearing voices is trying various medicines. Otherwise, you just need to practice "self-talk." When you hear them, remind yourself that they are a symptom. Although they seem very real & distressful, remind yourself that, for lack of a better expression, these voices represent your brain cells misfiring and you should do you best to ignore them, especially if they have negative content.

Sometimes it's also good to ignore voices with positive content, because that way, if you ever hear a voice and are confused whether it's saying a good or bad message, you can just play it safe and ignore it.

If you need more details or help, I'm not sure when I'll be free. I some plans this weekend and won't necessarily have time to check my email regularly.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more feedback. Good luck & take care.
Please let me know if you need more information. We can continue the dialog until you are satisfied. Once you are happy with the answers don't forget to hit the ACCEPT button & provide expert feedback. Also remember that this is not an official doctor patient relationship and not a substitute for a full live psychiatric evaluation. Thank you for using