mindhealer
mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience
6848745

Can Seroquel XR 50mg be cut in half

Can Seroquel XR 50mg be cut in half?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 5 years ago.

Good evening and thank you for the chance to help in answering your question. I appreciate the opportunity. As for your question...the answer would be that you Cannot cut that particular medication in half given the properties of the Extended Release component. This would impact greatly the specific release of the medication into your bloodstream and would almost certainly not receive the dosage intended.

My suggestion would be to speak further with your physician about your reasoning behind decreasing the dosage and my impression is such that if your request is reasonable there should be no reason not to. It's just safer for you to be under the supervision of your physician with regards XXXXX XXXXX medications, especially those that are time release such as the Seroquel that you're on.

I hope that I have been helpful in answering your question and that you found my suggestions to be of benefit to you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions that I can help in answering for you. I want to be certain that I have answered your question completely and thoroughly.

If you feel that I've answered your question to your satisfaction then I would greatly appreciate your clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer and suggestions I've provided to you. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.