mindhealer
mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience
6848745

My 7yr old was crying because I did not give her ice-cream

My 7yr old was crying because I did not give her ice-cream as she did not finish her dinner. She went off to her room under her bed and cried. After a while I went and saw her to see if she wanted a cuddle. She didn't move and became more upset. My husband told me to leave her alone and that I had made it worse. Five minutes later he was in there and forced her to go to bed. 25minutes later she is still crying being held by her father after telling him several times that she wanted to get up, I've asked him several times to leave her and he tells me to close the door. I think what he is doing is very wrong. What do you think?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 5 years ago.
Good morning and thank you for the opportunity to help in answering your question. Based on the detailed information you've provided I'd have to agree with in that his behavior with your daughter seems very inappropriate especially that he would not let her go and grew defensive and telling you to close the door on them. There's no rational or justifiable reason for any of the above mentioned.

My suggestions at this point would be to monitor your husband's behavior around your daughter and to look for any type of unusual behaviors such as the above mentioned as well as any atypical behavior or statements from your daughter. At this point that is certainly the best thing that you can do to ensure her safety and well being.

I hope that I've been helpful in answering your question and that you found my suggestions to be of benefit to you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions as I want to ensure your question is completely and thoroughly answered.

If you feel I've answered your question to your satisfaction I would sincerely XXXXX XXXXX clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.