TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Can Paxil Make you angry

Can Paxil Make you angry

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

Officially, adverse side effects from Paxil are mood swings and irritability. Those are side effects that should be reported to your doctor. They are not supposed to be part of your normal side effects. It could mean that you are having a mild reaction to the medication.

Unofficially, I have heard patients say that they feel angry and upset on Paxil. They describe their symptoms as "anger outbursts" and say that they had a very hard time controlling their tempers. Severe mood swings were very common. Many patients switched to another medication.

If you are having these side effects, it is good that you are weaning off the medication. Hopefully, your doctor will prescribe something that works better for you, without the side effects.

I hope this helped,