mindhealer
mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience
6848745

I am 55 yr old female in a marriage of 35 yrs and are having

I am 55 yr old female in a marriage of 35 yrs and are having problems with my husband who keeps deceving me with lies
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 5 years ago.

mindhealer :

Hello. I'm online and would be happy to help. Just let me know when you are back in the room and we can discuss this further

Customer:

I am in the room now

mindhealer :

hello. Thanks for joining me

Customer:

okay

mindhealer :

May I ask a couple questions first?

Customer:

yes please do

mindhealer :

thank you

mindhealer :

how does your husband deceive you? as you put in your question. And how long has it been occuring?

Customer:

he lies about things that happen to him.He never tells the truth.He got caught drunk driving and told me it was not his fault it was the policeman and such

Customer:

its has been going on for long time

mindhealer :

I imagine that's causing considerable difficulties between the two of you. How's your relationship with him?

Customer:

its not good at all we fight and then make up till the next situation.The last one just took place in April and still fighting over it.\

mindhealer :

I see. Have you brought up marriage counseling to him?

Customer:

yes I have and he says fine till we make an appt then he backs away and wont go

mindhealer :

understood. Thank you

mindhealer :

have you considered seeing a therapist on your own?

Customer:

yes i have and should now follow through and go

mindhealer :

I would completely agree and that was going to be my next suggestion. My suggestion to you would be to work with your therapist about what it is you want from your life and if your needs are presently being met and determine if your marriage and husband are meeting those needs.

Customer:

okay I am in the massachusetts area and would like help finding one

mindhealer :

certainly. if you contact your health insurance provider they can give you referrals to providers in your area

Customer:

I have a question:he found and contacted his old high school sweetheart and carried on a 3 month phone conversation with her and then told me he now says its over but hides his cell from me and I cant check the bill because its being paid by someone else

Customer:

How can I believe him this time with his old tract record

mindhealer :

it sounds like he may still be talking with her to be honest given that he's hiding his cell intentionally and knows that you don't have access to the bill

mindhealer :

At this point his behavior is indicative of continued lies

Customer:

I have confronted him and told him how much this hurt and when he told me he asked for mu permission to keep talking with her.that is so sick why would i do that?

mindhealer :

that doesn't make any sense for him to ask that

Customer:

He wont leave me and wants me to forget it and says for me to move on.

mindhealer :

I would definitely bring this up in therapy so that you can process it there

Customer:

great I will I have always been too afraid but im too angry with him now

mindhealer :

its not that simple. It's critical for you to see a therapist to get yourself through this

mindhealer :

I hope that I have been helpful in the guidance I've offered?

mindhealer :

Do you have any further questions at this point?

Customer:

yes you have maybe now i can go on with the rest of the day and stay away from him

mindhealer :

I wish you the very best. You can end the chat by clicking the ACCEPT button. Good luck to you