mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience

everythnig has to be perfect, I allign thnigs on my desk, the

Customer Question

everythnig has to be perfect, I allign thnigs on my desk, the rugs got to be square on the floor, it drives me crazy
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 5 years ago.

mindhealer :

Good morning. I'm online and would be happy to help you. Let me know when you're back in the chatroom and we can discuss this further. Thank you for the chance to help you

mindhealer :

hello. Thank you for joining me in the room

Ive noticed over the years that im real anal about how thnigs always have to be perfectly lined up,a pencil on my desk has to lay perfectly straight, a spec of dirt on the floor drives me crazy, stuffs always bot to be on order

Hello. You Accepted the answer before I could give you an answer. May I you feel any type of anxiety or nervousness when the things you mentioned are not lined up perfectly or if you see something amiss and not change it?? Thanks and I look forward to your response.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. How long has this been going on with you? And has it worsened as of late?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it seems like most of my life, I seem to have noticed it more lately jsu because im trying to understand whay its happening.
Understood. Are you exhibiting any other symptoms such as having to wash your hand repeatedly, turning on the lights a specific number, etc. Also, the anxiety that you feel when something is not precise...does it even lead to concern that something bad may happen but you can't identify it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would say thats a good statement

Thank you for your response. This sounds to be Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) given the nature of the symptoms. Those who carry this diagnosis often are not bothered by it early in life until it starts to impact their level of functioning which it sounds as though it is with you.

My suggestion would be to get a referral to see a psychiatrist in order to get started on medications. The most effective medicines for OCD is Paxil, prozac, or luvox as all are FDA approved for the treatment of this condition.

I would also suggest seeing a therapist who specialized in Anxiety Disorders which OCD falls under to help you gain a better degree of understanding of the condition and to learn ways of coping with it as well.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.