mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience

Im 36 yo female, sudanase nationality, I had history of panic

I'm 36 yo female, sudanase nationality, I had history of panic attack 3 years back, since that time my life has changed totally..I'm always tense and afraid..soo much worried about every thing..I became so self contious and I'm so afraid of death and getting medical complication due to this stress..I can't think logically..I can't stop my worries..I'm going crazy. I recieved seroxat 2 years back(for about 6 month)..improved for smetime..but again the cycle started.Im in uk since 10 month ,I joined stess control course 6 sessions.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 5 years ago.
Good morning and thank you for the opportunity to help in answering your question. First please let me say that I'm sincerely XXXXX XXXXX hear of the difficulty you've been experiencing. Based on the information you've identified it sounds as though your anxiety has grown markedly worse. I'd like to make a couple of recommendations. The first of which would for you to speak with your GP about a referral to see a therapist in order to engage in cognitive behavior therapy which is the most effective treatment approach for management of anxiety. This approach looks closely at your thoughts the resulting anxiety experienced from them as well as ways to cope better with it.

I'd also like to suggest a workbook based on the same principles and helps you to start working toward managing better your anxiety by using exercises within the workbook.

Please find below a link to the workbook.

I would also suggest a different medication called klonopin which is much more effective in treating anxiety.

I truly hope that I've been helpful in answering your question and that you found my suggestions to be of benefit to you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions as I want to ensure your question is completely and thoroughly answered.

If you feel I've answered your question to your satisfaction I would sincerely XXXXX XXXXX clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for ur advice ..but I would like to tell u that taking medicine is one of my worries please if u can coucil me about how much it is important to take it ..can I be treated without medicine.

I can sincerely XXXXX XXXXX respect the fact of not wanting to take medication. I would strongly recommend you seeing a therapist skilled and experienced in the type of therapy I mentioned. I would also suggest making use of the workbook simultaneously as that can certainly be of benefit. Finally, you Nat want to consider seeing an acupuncturist as that approach has also been found to be effective in treating anxiety. You should be able to get a referral for acupuncture from your GP as well.

Please let me know if you have any further questions before clicking the ACCEPT button.