How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mindhealer Your Own Question
mindhealer, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 693
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
mindhealer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was diangosed with GAD and i was told that with therepy it

Resolved Question:

I was diangosed with GAD and i was told that with therepy it should go away but the doctors never called me and it seems my anxiety level is going up is there anything that i can do to help cope with that or do you know of any online websits that offer therepy like a one on one?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 5 years ago.

Good evening and thank you for the opportunity to help in answering your question. Based on the information you've kindly provided it sound like you would do well with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This approach explores further any triggers or precipitants that are likely contributing to your anxiety.


The approach helps you to identify ways to identify what is causing the GAD and helps you to look at things objectively as opposed to perceptions that we often experience and often leads to the Anxiety felt.


I would initially suggest a workbook that is based on this specific theoretical approach mentioned above. The workbook concentrated specifically on management of Anxiety, gives you exercise sheets that help you to begin working toward management and healing from your anxiety disorder. Here's a link to the workbook:


I would suggest trying this approach for a couple weeks and keep a close monitor of your symptoms to decipher if your symptoms have decreased. If at this point you feel no relief from the GAD I would suggest that you consider seeing a therapist that is skilled and experienced on the above theoretic approach. A therapist can be found by requesting a referral from your health insurance provider.


During your initial course of therapy if you continue to have GAD symptoms it may beneficial to see a psychiatrist in order to decipher whether or not medications would be warranted though this would be a last course approach.


I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX you've found my answer to be helpful and finding the suggestions I've offered to be of benefit to you.



Please let me know if you have any further questions that I can help in answering for you. I want to be certain that I have answered your question completely and thoroughly.

If you feel that I've answered your question to your satisfaction then I would greatly appreciate your clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer and suggestions I've provided to you. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.



mindhealer and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you