mindhealer
mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience
6848745

hi i tend to get myself anxious if people dont answer their

hi i tend to get myself anxious if people dont answer their phone og text me back. i especially with guys think it is because i have done something stupid. I know this is nonsense but i need some sort of help to make this change some sort of tool
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 3 years ago.

Good afternoon and thank you for the opportunity to help in answering your question. Based on the information you've kindly provided it sounds as though you would benefit from a therapeutic approach called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This approach to treatment looks at the your thoughts and how they impact you emotionally...most notably the anxiety that you experience and the negative thoughts that you experience as a result of "personalizing" the events that you confront. The approach helps you to look closer at the thoughts and to learn how and why they come up as well as helping you to learn techniques and strategies to put into place to help you cope with them as well.

I would suggest seeing a therapist that is skilled and experienced in this approach to treatment as that would certainly help. You can call your health insurance provider in order to attain a referral for the therapy and they will be able to identify specific persons skilled in the above approach,

I would also like to suggest a workbook that is based on the same approach above and is concentrated on treatment and management of anxiety. It's complete with exercises that you can do on your own to begin working toward healing and managing your anxiety and the negative thoughts.

Here is a link to the workbook:

http://www.amazon.com/Mastery-Your-Anxiety-Panic-Treatments/dp/0195311353

Please let me know if you have any further questions that I can help in answering for you. I want to be certain that I have answered your question completely and thoroughly.

If you feel that I've answered your question to your satisfaction then I would greatly appreciate your clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer and suggestions I've provided to you. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.

mindhealer, Therapist
Experience: Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience