mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience

I have been dating a wonderful man for almost a year now.

I have been dating a wonderful man for almost a year now. We very much l ove each other and openly communicate. We have recently been talking about children. He has always said he "thinks he wants them" but now is unsure. He recetly turned fourty and just started working again...environmental construction/demolition etc. I do not want to end this at all and I don't think he does either. We decided to wait a bit to see if his feelings firm up either way...What do you think?
Good afternoon and thank you for the opportunity to help in answering your question. Based on the information you've kindly provided it sounds as though you're both reasonable adults and my impression is that you're handling the situation perfectly. My suggestion would be to keep an open line of communication between one another and perhaps consider discussing the notion of children in the next 6 months or so. He may very well be in a different place emotionally given that he's going through a transition in his life right now. At that point if he still does not want children for certain and you do it may be worthwhile to see a couples therapist to determine the best and healthiest course for your relationship.

I hope I've been helpful in answering your question and that you found my suggestions to be of benefit to you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions as I want to ensure your question is completely and thoroughly answered.

If you feel I've answered your question to your satisfaction I would sincerely XXXXX XXXXX clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.