mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience

What sort of questions might I be asked during an assessment

What sort of questions might I be asked during an assessment for Borderline Personality Disorder?
Good afternoon and thank you for the opportunity to help in answering your question. Some of the questions for that type of evaluation may include your perception of everyday events...such as are you able to find a middle ground or is everything either black or white. Another would be regarding your moods and if you notice yourself having mood swings or if others have observed this about you. You're also likely to be asked about how you regulate your emotions...are you able to rationally go through a stressful situation or find your emotions being all over the spectrum. Typically will be asked about personal relationships and if you are able to maintain them without any drama arising or necessary to keep your interest in the relationship. Finally will probably be asked if you engage in any self injurious behavior such as cutting or burning oneself.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

Please let me know if you have any further questions as I want to ensure your question is completely and thoroughly answered.

If you feel I've answered your question to your satisfaction I would sincerely XXXXX XXXXX clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Fadi

Thanks for that answer. Am I right in thinking this will be an in-depth assessment. I am really nervous about it as I don't want to rake over everything again, but I need to be prepared to do so if that's the case.

Hi Sue,

My assumption is that it likely will be rather in depth so it probably would be to your benefit to be best prepared for that type of interview. That way your responses will be more thought out and fluid...and you are most welcome for the answers. Let me know if you have any further questions before clicking the ACCEPT button. I hope this finds you well.