mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience

My nephew is taking .25 mg of Xanax, is it addictive. His physical

My nephew is taking .25 mg of Xanax, is it addictive. His physical and mental state has changed?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to help in answering your question. In short, yes Xanax is addictive though not typically at that small of a dosage. Though based on what you've noted about his behavior it sounds like he's using much more than the prescribed dose and possibly abusing the medication. My suggestion would be to monitor his usage regarding how many pills remaining vs when the prescription was filled. Another option could be to let his physician know of your concerns. With privacy laws in healthcare the doctor can't release information but they can certainly listen to concerns from family members. This way they have collateral information and can use this knowledge concerning future prescriptions.

U hope this helps to answer your question and that you found my suggestions to be of benefit.

Please let me know if you have any further questions as I want to ensure your question is completely and thoroughly answered.

If you feel I've answered your question to your satisfaction I would sincerely XXXXX XXXXX clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.