mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience

My husband has type2 diabetes, high blood pressure and is over

My husband has type2 diabetes, high blood pressure and is over weight and doesn't like to exercise. I am not attracted to him anymore, although he was fatter when we met. Should I feel guilty for feeling this way?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  mindhealer replied 5 years ago.
Good afternoon and thank you for the opportunity to help in answering your question. Based on the information you've provided I can sincerely XXXXX XXXXX you would be feeling guilty. It's likely that you feel as though you should be attracted to your husband no matter what. The thing that as a person goes through transitions in life they have a tendency to be attracted to different qualities as time passes.

Based on what you've sounds as though your lack of attraction for your husband is not necessarily coming from his physical appearance as much as it stemming from his unwillingness to even make an attempt at getting healthy. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you shouldn't feel guilty about what you're feeling or not feeling...and that if guilt does arise it typically comes from an underlying issue held. My suggestion would be to consider seeing a therapist to help you work through the guilt and to help you to identify what's truly hiding underneath. My impression is that it may very well be anger and/or resentment toward your husband in that he doesn't care what he looks like and further is disinterested in staying healthy for you or himself. I truly hope that you found my answer to be helpful and my suggestions to be of benefit.

Please let me know if you have any further questions as I want to ensure your question is completely and thoroughly answered.

If you feel I've answered your question to your satisfaction I would sincerely XXXXX XXXXX clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.