mindhealer, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed in MD and am also a Board Certified Diplomate (Advanced Practioner) I have over 10 years experience

I am 48 years young ex professional cheerleader. and when i date a guy it always goes well

I am 48 years young ex professional cheerleader. and when i date a guy it always goes well!! untill i fall in love and it makes me sooooo insecure. I dont no how to love without being jeolous. i am going to lose this man of my dreams because i am already feeling this gute insecure feeling. what can i do..please help. people think why would i be like this when i am so pretty nice body everyone wants to date.

Good evening and thank you for the opportunity to help in answering your question. Based on the information you've provided it sounds as though your negative thought patterns are intruding on you from feelings of insecurities. Given the fact that you've likely been adorned over the course of your life and any relationships had during that course have typically been superficial and this superficiality has been reinforced over and over.

What I would suggest is a specific type of therapy which is based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This approach explores one's thoughts and identifies the triggers and precipitants that prompt those thoughts. The thoughts are typically negative in nature and looking for faults in others based on perceptions you hold in your thoughts and not based on fact. This approach helps you to work toward looking at the events that occur in your life from a factual approach rather than a perceived one.

I would also like to suggest a workbook that is based on the same theory noted above. The book is also complete with exercises that help you to work toward the above mentioned approaches.

Here is the link to the workbook mentioned:

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this has been helpful and that the suggestions I've offered you have been of benefit.

Please let me know if you have any further questions that I can help in answering for you. I want to be certain that I have answered your question completely and thoroughly.

If you feel that I've answered your question to your satisfaction then I would greatly appreciate your clicking the ACCEPT button thereby giving me credit for the answer and suggestions I've provided to you. I hope this finds you well and look forward to your response.