AgapeDoc
AgapeDoc, Psychologist
Experience:  Dr. W. D. Nicholas will help you find solutions to life's challenging issues.
55589990

i dont even know if this is a question .. i need to vent and

Customer Question

i dont even know if this is a question .. i need to vent and understand why i am feeling like this ... i have been watching this damn Casie Anthony trial since it started and i cant stop crying since she was let off .. I am a mom of 2 and i look at my little girl who is around the same age as caylee was when she died and i cry cry cry .. i feel as if she was failed

why am i feeling like this ? why cant i stop crying ? i mean its BAD every minute i find myself crying and i didnt even know this little girl .. what is wrong with me
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  AgapeDoc replied 5 years ago.

AgapeDoc :

Thanks for contacting Just Answer

AgapeDoc :

Let me see if I can help in any way

AgapeDoc :

I have read your post a couple of times and I understand exactly how you feel. It's OK to vent sometimes and I know that you are not the only one feeling this way right now.

AgapeDoc :

In the coming days I'm sure that there will be more and more people coming forward saying similar things and no doubt the media will broadcast and publish these stories as long as it will get them ratings.

AgapeDoc :

It

Customer:

but i feel as if it was my own child ..

Customer:

am i crazy or something

AgapeDoc :

It's hard for many people to understand this and more importantly for you, it's not uncommon for tragedies such as this to hit home to those who can identify more closely with the case.

AgapeDoc :

You are not crazy, but this is really tough for you and you really know why (I say this because you already posted it). This is so tough on you because you have a child about the same age as Caylee was when she died.

AgapeDoc :

The psychological term for this is "projecting". It's quite common, so don't feel alone.

Customer:

thankyou