Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice
50444359

what facility does Dr.Phil recommend for a rehab for someone

what facility does Dr.Phil' recommend for a rehab for someone who has become addicted to prescription drugs? He is a 23 year old male. Also, he is not interested in the 12 step programs. He is looking for a dual diagnosis facility. Can you help?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 3 years ago.

Hi! I believe I can help with this issue.

I'll list a few places for you. The place Dr. Phil has specifically recommended on the show and then two others that may have that dual diagnosis part that you're looking for even more. But you can browse all of their sites to see which seems the most promising for your son.

Dr. Phil has recommended La Hacienda quite a bit. They are most known for straight alcohol and drug addiction rehabilitation. Here's their site:

http://www.lahacienda.com/

Now for the other two. Both centers I am recommending can be found along with forms and contact numbers on this web address:

http://www.aspeneducation.com/Res-schools.html

The first is more a treatment facility. Here's the information from the Aspen Education website above:

Four Circles Recovery Center for older teens and young adults ages 18-28 is an innovative addictions, substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders treatment program that combines a traditional counseling setting with extensive wilderness experiences. Four Circles employs the most effective, cutting-edge clinical modalities with an underlying traditional 12-step philosophy to create the foundation for sustained recovery. We are located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, just 15 minutes from Asheville, NC. The pristine wilderness of the Carolinas serves as a dramatic and beautiful backdrop for your recovery.

The second is more educationally oriented:

A young-adult transitional-living program specializing in assisting young adults ages 17.5-24 in early recovery with high school completion, college-prep and college-level courses. Located in the small college and resort community of Bend, Oregon, all students receive personal academic assistance, individual and group counseling, and ongoing support in becoming a responsible young adult. Achieving progressive independence to self-reliance is a major focus for all students. The program length is one year.

Okay. Let me know if I can offer any other help.

Please remember to click the green accept button. Feel free to continue the discussion; my goal is to get you the best answers possible. Bonuses are always appreciated! To contact me, click on my name below and write to me. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was asking for a non 12 step program with dual diagnosis and you sent me one with 12 step. La hacienda is not the one that I remember dr. phil recommending. We are not looking for an educational based program. Simply rehab that deals with anxiety, depression, bi polar and PTSD. He was in an accident and got addicted to pain meeds and now is in detox but will need an intensive next step.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm sorry. I don't know of which one you might be referring to then. I'll opt out and see if anyone else is familiar with it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience: Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice