Doctor Blake
Doctor Blake, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D., Ed.S., NCSP Clinical Psychologist; 15+ years of experience; dual licensure
28863579

do you now anything about people who can give little boys head

do you now anything about people who can give little boys head massages but can cause lateral thinking?

Doctor Blake :

Good afternoon and welcome to JA.

Doctor Blake :

In order to be of more service, it would be helpful if you could define "lateral thinking." This could mean a number of things... could you please explain your use of the term.

Doctor Blake :

Providing a response to this question does not incur a fee. It just allows us to better understand your question and to provide a response.

Doctor Blake :

Thanks.

Doctor Blake :

Regard.

Customer:

i am not sure myself to be perfecty honest but i spoke to a surgeon a couple of years ago and he told me a story about a guy who gave kids head massages and they turned into lateral thinkers.also a solicitor asked me if i could give boys head massages{as i told him i could really FEEL)and he said at times it can cause lateral thinking.I did not know what he was on about but it seems i can do it.The first thing that came out of a boys mouth,after i massagedhim,was lateral but he quickly started thinking straight.i cannot seem to find any information about it but it obviously exists?

Doctor Blake :

Well, I can tell you that Edward DeBono and Paul Sloane are the main "authors/theorists" behind this notion of "lateral thinking..." which really sounds like non-linear or "creative" thinking to me.

Doctor Blake :

Both are from the UK which might explain, in part, why this notion hasn't gone further here in the states. It is also a fairly dated "theory" or way thinking about thinking.

Doctor Blake :

I don

Doctor Blake :

't know of any massage technique that would result in differences in cognition - other than the fact that the massage can induce a state of relaxation and possible hypnagogia which might produce unusual verbal output, particularly among the young.

Doctor Blake :

To be frank, there is not a great of scientific research on this notion which is, in part, more about it isn't known or verifiable.

Doctor Blake :

If you'd like to explore more about it, however, I would check with the authors I mentioned (Sloane or De Bono) for their theoretical work.

Doctor Blake :

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck to you. Please click <ACCEPT>.