psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

I came out of work a week ago and my beautiful wife of 6 months, (were in our 40

Customer Question

I came out of work a week ago and my beautiful wife of 6 months, (we're in our 40's) packed all my stuff in my car with a note that I was not co come home ,call , text , nothing.She wants DIVORCE. There is no cheating. she said we're to different She is hispanic, I am white. and I frustrate her.So I went straight home that day and she called the cops on me.I call, text, write notes, she gets ANGRY>
Help, I don't want to lose her, I can't just walk away and say " oh well that was fun"
I Love Her!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. I could not get back online. I am very sorry for your situation. This is certainly abrupt and a very cold way to end a relationship. Since she has enforced that you must be in contact, there are not many options. You can't move someone to a place where they will listen. They have to be there on their own. You can't force the situation in general. That doesn't mean you are giving up. It just means that this situation is a process. The resolution may not happen until she has reflected on what this relationship meant to her. I know you want immediate answers but that may not be possible. You have to anticipate that their will be some contact but you may have to give her a little time. If you called her in a week she may be more responsive. see if she is willing to participate in marriage counseling. There are issues that are going to come up in running your previous household so she is motivated to keep in touch. She may just be caught up in being angry but may act differently down the line

If this has been helpful press accept