Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine, MBBS with more then five years of clinical experience.

I have a cousin living in Maldon - the UK - who is suicidal.

Customer Question

I have a cousin living in Maldon - the UK - who is suicidal. She has a long history of depression and is on medication but hasn't had counselling. She has just texted me she is suicidal and I want to know if there is any emergency psych services in Maldon that could help her with the immediate suicide problem and counselling services. (I'm emailing from Australia)
Thank you
Viv Evers
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 5 years ago.
She would have to go to regular emergency first
This would be justified as she is suicidal
they would make arrangement from there.

If she needs transportation she can call
See this site

good luck

Let me know if you have further questions:

Please don’t forget to click accept as this is the only way we receive pay:

You may Always ask from clarification as needed, even after you Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Not at all satisfied. That is basic info that I already knew. Wanted name and address of someone in Maldon who could provide counselling.

we are not a referral service or a practice
certain not from the US to the UK in my case
I can search the internet and find a counselor for you but going through the doctors you know is far better.
Your question has been open to all experts, and no one has had a referral to add.
However, I will forward this to an expert that might or might not have more familiarity with your local, so hold on.
Expert:  Dr. Amir Javed replied 5 years ago.
I am here on Dr. Thomas request & agree with his opinion to seek urgent medical attention. I will like to further add if your cousin is suicidal then her family members should be aware of that need to call emergency help line 999 without any delay. They will take care of that. We can't refer to any of the particular service due to rules of this site but can provide you the list of counsellors in your area as you asked.

Feel free to accept Dr. Thomas answer above as he has given a very good advise. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.