psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

Hi, Im sick of my life even though I make a lot of money and dont have to d

I'm sick of my life even though I make a lot of money and don't have to do much to make it anymore. I'm increasingly anti-social and I feel unsatisfied and out of place. I'm considering quiting and traveling the world for a while. I've felt like this and been in a rut for years thinking I should just stay with it and keep saving money. I'm to the point I don't want to do it anymore. Everyone will think I'm crazy- friends and family but I just want a change. Does this sound crazy?

Thank you...
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

No it just sounds like you are unhappy and you are trying to think of ways to enjoy life again. You can have lots of money and be unhappy. This happens to many people. If you choose to travel you don't owe anyone an explanation. You should do what makes you happy. As long as you are traveling to be happy and not traveling to run away. If you go under those circumstances all your problems will go with you. Do whatever makes you happy. If staying keeps you in a rut and you feel despondent then try first by scheduling a short trip to somewhere you have always wanted to go. If you decide you are not running away from your problems, then find longer and more enjoyable places to go. Do what is best for you

If this has been helpful press accept