psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

How do I get over feeling like he still has power over the

How do I get over feeling like he still has power over the money that I pay back for his gambling when I ask him to pay the court ordered money from the divorce which of coarce he doesn't do, do you just forget but again the power is his he gets away with it.
If he has this power then you are allowing it. You have to make a deal and stick to it. If he doesn't do not cover his expenses. You have to maintain your arrangement and then pull back. Our tendency is to compensate in times of stress, but he has to do his part. A feeling of power is what you make it. Don't let him get away with it. If you respond in a passive way then that often leads a person with a strong personality to have power. You have to have consistent boundaries and then you won't find yourself at his mercy
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is like i just burned my hambuger bun and I was going to eat it but I decided I had 5 other options in the bag and I should take him to court, even if I pay up front to make my point
Do what you feel is best for your family and yourself