Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice

What is the Lawlis Peavy PNP center in Dallas After seeing

What is the Lawlis Peavy PNP center in Dallas? After seeing yesterday's show, I felt that I was watching my grandson. He demonstrates the same behaviors. In fact, he was scheduled for a Respite weekend, but when his mom took him,,he had an outburst and was unsafe. His mom had to call 911 on him (again). She is frustrated, a single mom and can't get the help she needs. My grandson is 12, and ADD. Is there help for our family.?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.

Hi! I believe I can be of help with this issue.

First, let me say I can imagine how worrisome and distressing this situation must be for you. Finding a suitable treatment option for your grandson is both a matter of making sure of the quality of the facility and the affordability to you. So let me give you a few resources that are reputable.

The PNP Center is a good starting point perhaps. They do a lot of assessment work and the also do treatment, but I am concerned your grandson may be way out of control for them to help in an outpatient setting. But they will tell you what they think about that.

The PNP Center does Integrated Assessment and Individualized Treatment Plans to Optimize Brain Function, Behavior, and Abilities. Given that you also have ADD this seems like a good treatment center for you because they do integrative work. They are located in Dallas. So you might tell them your location and see if there is a center closer to you or if you need to make a trip to Texas. Here's their info:

PNP Center

571 West Main Street
Lewisville, TXNNN-NN-NNNNbr/>(972)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Because he's so out of control, I am also going to include some residential options The facility, however, that Dr. Phil recommends is called Turn-About Ranch. They have both a short term program and a 100 day program. They focus on the kids working with horses, which I can tell you is a model I support very much. I don't use Equine Therapy but I have attended conferences and met professionals who do and have been impressed with the reports I have received. Here's the address for admissions to the Ranch:

You can browse their site and get a sense of what their program is like.

In Texas: I'm going to focus on the non profit facilities in Texas. I tend to trust non-profits more but that may be unfair. I'll give you the web address for each of these facilities. I started with Turnabout Ranch in Utah because Dr. Phil recommends it. So you can see what it looks like and compare the ones in Texas I'm pointing you to. Also, some will have a Christian focus, so keep that in mind.

Brookhaven is in Central Texas:

Boysville has been around forever!

Hill Country Youth Ranch. You want to make sure to look at the one for the residential treatment school not the one for abandoned kids.

Cal Farley's organization is unique in the country. They'll pay for everything if you live in their geographical area.

Okay, I wish you the very best!

Please remember to click the green accept button. Feel free to continue the discussion; my goal is to get you the best answers possible. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue, just put "for Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX