Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics

hi...i have been on cymbalta 60 mgs for twenty six days and

hi...i have been on cymbalta 60 mgs for twenty six days and dont feel anybetter...tired too.should i give it more time? depression and anxiety is my problem. i was on prozac for twenty years and switched for it did not work anymore. i have a history of bulimia and anorexia too.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 5 years ago.
Hello Madam,

Generally we ask our patients to wait for at least 15 days to 1 month when a new medicine is started.

You are already on 60 mg of Cymbalta and still not responding so in my view, you can ask your doctor to either add an augmenting agent such as Wellbutrin or Mirtazapine to augment the antidepressant and antianxiety effect of this medicine or to switch over to some another medicine such as Pristiq or Effexor.

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated.