Dr. K
Dr. K, Psychiatrist
Experience:  15 years clinical experience in all areas of psychiatry. Holistic and practical approach.
50493013

Do violent actions strongly indicate physical abuse is in the

Do violent actions strongly indicate physical abuse is in the future? (Example: punching a wall or talbe or throwing items across a room).
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. K replied 5 years ago.
Not necessarily. Many people have anger issues but never get to the point of being violent to other humans. On the other hand, I would say that someone who is violent to objects is more likely to be violent to humans than someone who has healthier coping skills to deal with anger.

I hope this helps. If you want to tell me more details about your situation I can help give you more feedback. Otherwise, take care.
______________________________________________________________________
Please let me know if you need more information. We can continue the dialog until you are satisfied. Once you are happy with the answers don't forget to hit the ACCEPT button & provide expert feedback. Also remember that this is not an official doctor patient relationship and not a substitute for a full live psychiatric evaluation. Thank you for using justanswers.com