Dr. K
Dr. K, Psychiatrist
Experience:  15 years clinical experience in all areas of psychiatry. Holistic and practical approach.

prozac 10mg & wellbutrin xl 150mg how does it affect the blood

prozac 10mg & wellbutrin xl 150mg how does it affect the blood pressure
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. K replied 5 years ago.
Effexor is the main antidepressant known to increase blood pressure sometimes (usually in higher doses). It can rarely happen with other meds too like prozac & wellbutrin.

However, sometimes blood pressure can be elevated in people with anxiety/depression...and if the meds (like prozac/wellbutrin) help treat those symptoms, they could potentially lower blood pressure indirectly.

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is every person's response is different. The best way to know the effect on you is measure your blood pressure before starting the meds and then after. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info.
Please let me know if you need more information. We can continue the dialog until you are satisfied. Once you are happy with the answers don't forget to hit the ACCEPT button & provide expert feedback. Also remember that this is not an official doctor patient relationship and not a substitute for a full live psychiatric evaluation. Thank you for using