Ask Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC Your Own ...

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

Hi Kate ~ Dr. never called. I guess he felt there was nothing

Hi Kate ~ Dr. never called. I guess he felt there was nothing more to say until he sees me tomorrow.

I've been doing a lot of thinking and praying. It should be the other way around...praying and thinking...but I've allowed this whole thing to get out of control and consume my life, physically, mentally, and spiritually. We know the enemy loves this and it's something I have to stop, or at least try my darnest to stop.

Acceptance....I can't change what is no matter how many questions I ask or how many answers I get. They help for awhile but they keep the merry-go-round turning and turning. It's time for me to get off, trust God that he will heal me, and believe His words that ALL things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His name. But the timing is in His hands, as well as how it will be done. Until then, I have to let go and let God do His work. Be still and know that I am God...that scripture just came to mind.

The wonderful thing is that I know I can still cry, get upset, get anxious, whatever, and it means nothing to God...He loves me and always will.

Thank you for all your help. You will still be hearing from me. It's going up to 100 tomorrow, hot and humid and if I am having a bad day and can't make my appointment, so be it. But I will make it - I always do but I'm not putting that burden on my shoulders tonight.

Talk to you after I see my doctor.

God bless.
Rita
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC replied 3 years ago.

That is good, Rita. You sound at peace with how you feel. Accepting that God can handle your problems and letting go is a very positive direction to go in. There is a saying by Corrie Ten Boom that may help you-

"No pit is so deep that God's love is not deeper still."

Answers may help but God can help you more. Keep praying and turn to Him when you feel down.

I am always here for you. I believe that God put us together for a reason (He does all things for good reasons!). I will continue to help as long as you feel it is needed.

I am sorry the doctor did not call you back. But hopefully you will be able to get answers tomorrow that will help.

Remember, you will get through this. You have the strength and the will. And I will keep you in my prayers.

Have a good night,

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.