Doctor Blake
Doctor Blake, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D., Ed.S., NCSP Clinical Psychologist; 15+ years of experience; dual licensure
28863579

I have been experiencing memory lapses due to hypnosis. I found

I have been experiencing memory lapses due to hypnosis. I found out that being under oath means being hypnotized.I also have been experiencing visions / images of badges and seals of offices. Where can I go and have this checked out?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Blake replied 5 years ago.

Doctor Blake :

Good morning and welcome to JA.

Doctor Blake :

I am genuinely concerned that you have developed a belief (falsely reinforced by a "hypnotherapist") that you have been hypnotized while under oath.

Doctor Blake :

Hypnosis is highly controversial within the scientific wing of the mental health professional community as its effectiveness (or even existence) is very difficult to quantify in any legitimate research.

Doctor Blake :

This being the case, I would strongly encourage you to speak with a legitimate Mental Health Professional there in Illinois (such as a Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licenses Counselor)... all of whom must undergo rigorous training (years of school), complete residency/internships/fellowships (or all three), and pass difficult licensing examinations to do their jobs.

Doctor Blake :

Seeing a legitimate member of the professional mental health community will help to reassure you about "hypnosis" and may also clarify some of the other "visions/images" you have been experiencing. I fear that you may have been duped by a quack who is not, in fact, a licensed professional.

Doctor Blake :

I wish you the best of luck. Please click <ACCEPT>

Doctor Blake :

Follow-up: I have just read several of your other questions to JA. I would urge you to follow my advice and speak with a mental health professional and have a complete evaluation.

Doctor Blake :

Best of luck. Please click <ACCEPT>