AgapeDoc
AgapeDoc, Psychologist
Experience:  Dr. W. D. Nicholas will help you find solutions to life's challenging issues.
55589990

i have so many things going on at one time that its driving

i have so many things going on at one time that its driving me up a wall i have a appliance store and a heating and cooling business. and now i am opening two fireworks tents don't get me wrong i love it!but my nerves are shot.it seems like i go in circles . to put it plain i take Xanax and i just try to take 2 at night before i go to bed.it helps. with out them i lay awake and dwell on every thing like the bills like how am i going to be there to take care of all this stuff. but u no i no that i will get it done it always comes out in the end .however i just can't stop worrying now if i have my Xanax i feel relaxed and i can sleep and i seem to be able to coop with thing so much better and things come to together so much easier. my doctor say he don't like to give them to me but i have had alot of stressful thing happen in my life. i believe i have post dramatic syndrome i have done 5 years in a fed pen being locked up will do things to a man. how ever i am on the straight and narrow path for 10 years every thing i do is with in the law.i just need some help am i doing wrong by taking meds for this or what should i do?
thanks Chuck Evans
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  AgapeDoc replied 3 years ago.

AgapeDoc :

Thanks for contacting Just Answer. Let me see if I can help.....

AgapeDoc :

I am so happy you contacted me here. Based on what you have posted here, I suggest that the issue is not the Xanax, not your anxiety, or your sleep habits. That is to say that I suspect that all these things could be resolved if you didn't take on so much. Seriously, take a look at what you wrote. One job is enough.

AgapeDoc :

Now having said that, if for some reason you MUST do all this, then you MUST start to develop an exit plan for some of your responsibilities. In my experience, folks in situations such as you are in, don't REALLY NEED to everything they are doing.

AgapeDoc :

I strongly suggest that you seek a Life Coach and develop a plan to really get things in order. Once things are really manageable, you won't stay up nights worrying if you will be able to manage everything. I comment you for staying on the straight and narrow and for all your hard work.... now it's time to really take back control of your life.

Customer:

that would be nice but can not do have to many responsibility i have my sons working for me and they have to make a living to to slow down is out the question.can not do this or my bills will take me down.i am 47 years old and got to think about mine and my wife's retirement.

AgapeDoc :

Many others have said similar things - I understand. Having said that, I have helped many work through things such as this. For instance, having your sons take more responsibility. I can't say specifically, as I am not aware of all the issues - as this is not the forum for it. However, as a Life Coach, I have helped others as I mentioned, I believe that a Life Coach could help you also.

Customer:

what about seeing a counselor ?

AgapeDoc :

I think a counselor is a great idea!If not, there are many who manage as you are with medication - but it's not what I recommend. Please forgive me for being direct, but I truly believe that if you can manage everything you are managing, you are capable of developing a solution. I wish you all the best and ask that (if you are satisfied with my efforts) that you click on the accept button. All my best.

AgapeDoc, Psychologist
Experience: Dr. W. D. Nicholas will help you find solutions to life's challenging issues.