Doctor Blake
Doctor Blake, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D., Ed.S., NCSP Clinical Psychologist; 15+ years of experience; dual licensure
28863579

Hi I just took two on line iq tests which both gave me scores

Hi I just took two on line iq tests which both gave me scores in the high 120's. I know these are on line tests but one is called giqtest.com and the other is an untimed power test. I also know a lot of on line iq tests are not accurate at all. The giqtest.com (please read about it before you answer) is modeled after the WAIS 3 and has a reliability of + or - 4 % to the WAIS 3 . The other was normed against the ravens progressive matrices test and falls in the .767 correlation of all typical professional iq tests.I don't really want to spend a lot of money on a professional iq test and time but was just wondering if my iq would be much lower or even below average than these scores. Thanks,john
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Blake replied 3 years ago.

Doctor Blake :

Good evening, and welcome to JA.

Doctor Blake :

I have been conducting cognitive evaluations for over 20 years now (even before being licensed independently 15 years ago). If you have 2 or more results that suggest a range of 120 (and you quote the statistics on correlations with the WAIS and Ravens) then in all likelihood, you have an IQ at least one standard deviation (+15) above the norm (100). There is a strong possibility, given that you suggest your performance was in the hi-120s, that you might actually be above two standard deviations (+30) above the norm (100).

Doctor Blake :

I will be frank with you, however, if you are trying to have your IQ validated for some purpose, you will be required to have it assessed using legitimate sources. (In other words, you'll probably have to take the test they recommend/require and/or meet with a Clinical Psychologist for a private evaluation.)

Doctor Blake :

Nevertheless, your performance on these others assessments would suggest that we could predict, with 95% accuracy, that you would perform in the hi-120s (and perhaps lo-130s) on such an assessment.

Doctor Blake :

I hope this is helpfull.

Doctor Blake :

(helpful...)

Doctor Blake :

Please click <ACCEPT> unless there are further questions or concerns. THANKS!

Customer: Thank you.I will take that under advisement
Doctor Blake, Psychologist
Experience: Ph.D., Ed.S., NCSP Clinical Psychologist; 15+ years of experience; dual licensure