Kristin
Kristin, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Mental Health Counselor. 11+ years specialist in mental health. Expertise and insight!
45544450

I am a 56 year old Caucasian female. I have always had at least

I am a 56 year old Caucasian female. I have always had at least 4 "projects" going on at once. Completing any one of them was always difficult. I also have a tendency to procrastinate-putting everything off to the last minute.
I am menopausal and find that feelings of being overwhelmed, depressed and very anxious are getting worse. From all that I've read, I believe that I may have ADHD.
I know this is a highly specialized area and would like to know how I can get diagnosed.
I live in Tacoma, Washington.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kristin replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

You are wise to look into getting some professional support for these issues. You can visit either a psychiatrist in your area to seek a diagnosis and treatment plan or a psychologist in your area for a diagnosis and treatment plan. Some of your symptoms which are worsening could also be due to hormones, so you may also consider seeing your physician as well.

Psychiatrists in Tacoma, WA:

http://www.healthgrades.com/psychiatry-directory/wa-washington/tacoma

Here is a list of psychologists/therapists in your area. I narrowed this list down further to those providers who also specialize in adult ADHD. You can further narrow the list down by your zip code, insurance accepted and so on... Please click ACCEPT button for this answer, and feel free to continue discussion even after clicking accept. Thank you.

http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_results.php?sid=1307377212.9552_18361&city=Tacoma&county=Pierce&state=Washington&spec=6