TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Last night I was experiencing major anxiety/depression/rage.

Last night I was experiencing major anxiety/depression/rage. I took two lorazepam (1mg), 2 tylenol 3s, and drank a large volume of hard alcohol. Clearly never a bright idea in the first place, but am I at risk of anything now, even though I am fully concious? my motor function is very slow, but I can think and speak clearly.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I'd like to help you with your question.

You are right, it probably wasn't the best idea in the world to take the Lorazepam and the alcohol together. Mixing the two can cause depressed heart rhythm and suppressed breathing. In other words, you can stop your heart and/or your breathing.

You should get checked out by your doctor or at least contact him/her to be sure. But if you are ok this morning and are otherwise feeling alright even with the problems with your motor functions, then it is probably working it's way through your system.

I hope this has helped,