Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

My 29 yr old will be released from county jail in 20 days or

Customer Question

My 29 yr old will be released from county jail in 20 days or so. He has been to rehab 2 times and in jail 4 or 5. He does good for awhile and then relapses. This time he must leave the state of florida to avoid a long probation. How much do his father and I help this happen? We cut him off about 2 yrs ago and have stuck to it. I would like to find a place that he can work and live there. He has a daughter to support.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for writing in JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your son's situation.

Let me ask you a question first: are you seeking a drug rehab program for your son outside Florida?

Is there a specific question I can assist you with?

Please let me know by clicking on “Reply” and I will then craft my response.
You are not charged until you receive a satisfying answer.

Please also allow a few hours for me to get back to you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, not rehab, but a residential based life skills program? Somewhere he can earn money and learn life skills with being sober a priority. I believe that at some point in his life (before drug abuse) he would have benefited from an anti depressant or similar drug to keep him on an even keel. I have looked at the resources on but they are extremely expensive.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.

Hi! I'm not sure we can help you with this given the financial constraints, but I'll be glad to try. You know, to give you the best answer, I think I should ask you a few questions first that will help define the problem and the situation.

If he's coming out of jail in FL, are they going to let him leave the state?

YOu ask how much you should help him. What are your capabilities to help him?

Have you contacted Dunklin Memorial Camp to ask them of other Christian resources?

Is he willing to go to Narcotics Anonymous?

Is he willing to live at a halfway house? Will they be releasing him to such a house?

Any extra information that will help, feel free to share.

Let's go forward from the answers to these questions.

Please go ahead and post your response. I may be away from the computer for the night before you respond. If so, would tomorrow be okay for me to respond?

Dr. Mark