Dr. Shirley Schaye
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience:  PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
45897396

Im having a lot of trouble in class i cant concentrate, i get

Customer Question

Im having a lot of trouble in class i cant concentrate, i get very nervous in front of people. I have to read 6 to 7 times what ever it is that the teacher writes on the board to be able to understand it is like i cant focus. Every time the teacher ask me something i start sweating i get very nervous. I's very hard for me to concentrate in class what can i do to gt better?
Submitted: 3 years ago via HealthCare.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Shirley Schaye replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am sorry to hear about what is going on with you. When I read the firstpart of what you had written I thought ADD. Then I read further and saw that you were, at one time on Ritalin. Why were you put on Ritalin and then why did you go off medication. It certainly seems that you still need to be on meds.
Take a look at this link:

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2007/adhd-in-adults/
I'll pause here and await your response.
Dr. Shirley Schaye, Doctor
Experience: PhD-Psych; Certif. Psychoanalyst NPAP& NYFS; Memb.APsaA;IPA; Pub.Author; Teach/Supervise Therapy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well i was diagnose with ADD by my local neurologist back in Puerto Rico. I decided to stop taking the meds because i thought that the ritalin was doing more bad than good. I was 11 i didnt know better, but now i undestand it was a big mistake. The thing is that i think is becoming more strong the simptoms or diferent because the reason i strated with the ritalin was because i was Hyperactive i wouldnt stay still in class and i wouldnt stop talking. And sorry for my spelling i kind of have a little bit of problem when it comes to writing in english haha...
Don't worry! I wish I could be as fluent in Spanish as you are in English. So, this is what you need to do --- where are you by the way --- city, state and zip code so that I may help you find a psychiatrist. You must go to a psychiatrist --- describe all your symptoms. There are several drugs now available for ADD. Your doctor will find the right one for you. It will make a world of a difference in your school work. So please, don't forget to tell me where you are so that I can get you to a psychiatrist.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
=) Thanks... Well im located in Oviedo, FL. My zip code is 32765. Thank you again for your help.. =)
Let me see if I can find a psychiatrist for you.
Miguel J Morales, MD
7560 Red Bug Lake Road
Oviedo, FL32765
Phone: (407) 365-0440