psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

me and my boyfriend of 2 years drink every night, not to get

me and my boyfriend of 2 years drink every night, not to get completely hammered but we still drink everynight, more at weekends to the point of being drunk. I didn't drink like this and it is starting to effect me, my lifestyle has changed and Im not so energetic. Ive tried to talk to him about it but we fall back into the same pattern. I also get aggressive and know thats why i need to stop but i find it hard when my partner drinks not to. I feel i have an addictive personality.

You have listed all the symptoms of alcohol abuse. Right before alcohol use becomes alcoholism the person notices that the alcohol is changing other things in their life and their moods change such as aggression. This is a big red flag that it is progressing. You have to start by getting help to really understand your pattern in particular. The second is to stop drinking. You are not addicted yet so stop all activities involving drinking and stop drinking period. If it is early enough you will find that you can return to normal. If you need to separate then that is what you need to do. Don't let him pull you in further. There is no other way to face this except head on. Find someone to help you figure out the reason for the drinking or nothing will change. Consider that he is not the best influence as well

If this has been helpful press accept