psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

I cheated on my girlfriend a little over 2 years ago. I had

I cheated on my girlfriend a little over 2 years ago. I had sex with a girl she knew twice. The guilt I felt about it drove us apart and she finally left. I did finally come clean about it, of course she was very angry. I've owned it, I've cut off all contact with the other girl, I'm going to a therapist to work on expressing my feelings. How do I earn another chance?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
You have done the right things but in the end it is her decision. You can't make her reconsider. You have to continue to do the right thing, profess your love, and wait to see if she is willing to listen. You can't do anything else. It is positive that you are seeing someone about expressing yourself. Try to put some trust in the process. She may change her mind. In the end you know you did your best. This is a lesson learned - don't cheat on girlfriends.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She said there was no chance to fix things, but when I asked if we could still talk she said "not right now". I want to see this as a positive. How much time should I give her to deal with her pain and anger before I reach out to her? What is the best course of action for me? Send flowers? Write a letter? Just send a simple text message asking if she is ok? When I told her I was crying a lot, and they were genuine tears. I am very broken up by all of this.
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
I think a month is fair. I would send a nice note or text saying you still care and hope she will reconsider