Luann
Luann, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist, 24 years experience working with children, adolescents, families and adults.
50737979

I was molested starting at age 5 or 7 and he didnt quit till

I was molested starting at age 5 or 7 and he didnt quit till i was 17 or 18! I have only told my husband and my parents but I have not talked about it to anyone and it still bothers me but i hide it from everyone. today im not having a good day with it. What do I do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Luann replied 5 years ago.

Luann :

Luann :

I am sorry to hear that you were abused as a teenager. That is horrible and it sounds like the horror continues for you. You are right to seek therapy. Therapy will help you process what happened and develop skills to manage the memories and feelings and be able to move on with your life. Don't be discouraged if a therapist doesn't phone back right away. They may not have time until the end of the day but most therapists try to get back to people in a reasonable amount of time. Call several therapists or call a clinic where there are several therapists in the same office, you have a better chance that one will have time available for you soon. Don't give up, you deserve to feel better.