psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

Im 44 year old single lady. Why cant I get a man

I'm 44 year old single lady. Why can't I get a man?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.

You can get a man. You just have not found the right avenue. Don't get discouraged. There are going to be opportunities that you have not thought of and anything can happen. The key is to not get discouraged. Look for opportunities to socialize and you never know when the right person could be there. Try different clubs and organizations rather than just dating options. I don't live in your state but coming from Maryland there are lodges (where lots of men hang out), Parents Without Partners, etc. Be creative. Lots of men our age are widowed, divorced, and single. Be positive

If this was helpful press accept

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I meet a LOT of men but I don't know how to present myself as dating material as opposed to just friend material
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
You can start by asking someone out rather than wait until you are firmly in the friend zone. If you meet someone ask them for coffee (nothing intimidating). At that time, let him know in a nonthreatening manner that you are looking for a love interest. Present as friendly, kind and interesting. Put some time into your appearance. You have to go out on a limb these days. Men respond okay to your being forward and letting them know what you want. It's okay to do that. Let him know your positive qualities. Find someone emotionally and physically available and then create an opportunity to be on a date. It takes courage now but it will bring men to you instead of remaining aloof and waiting for them to realize what you want
psychlady, Therapist
Experience: Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.