Kristin, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Mental Health Counselor. 11+ years specialist in mental health. Expertise and insight!

Iam seeking help for my 18 year old grandson,for posssible

Iam seeking help for my 18 year old grandson,for posssible evaluation or admission he informed his mother that he has been hearing voices
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kristin replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Do you know which insurance his mother carries? Also, if you can tell me his zip code I can find some appropriate resources for you.... so he can be thoroughly assessed.

Do you know how often he is hearing the voices?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He has Medicare,I dont't know how often he has been hearing voices,but the zip is 77030
Expert:  Kristin replied 5 years ago.

Here is a link to several psychiatrists in his zip code area (within a 10 mile radius), who all take medicare AND specialize in adolescent psychiatry. He needs to be assessed by a psychiatrist, if he is hearing voices, that would be the most appropriate type of doctor for your grandson.

You can look at their profiles on this link and see other patient reviews and ratings of the doctors. Don't delay in calling a doctor and getting an appointment set up for him. That is the best thing to do for him. I wish you all the best... Please click ACCEPT button for this answer, and feel free to continue the discussion even after clicking accept.

Thank you.