Kristin, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Mental Health Counselor. 11+ years specialist in mental health. Expertise and insight!

Im trying to locate a DBT therapist in our area for our daughter.

I'm trying to locate a DBT therapist in our area for our daughter. I've been referred to 3 of them, but there's only one taking new patients, and they're at a state run facility. She is currently not living in the state of Indiana, but is only here for a couple of months, while we get her better mental health care. When I talk to psychiatrists they can't think of any DBT therapists and they don't know of anyway to find out, other than on the internet, which also didn't tell me any. Is there a resource I could check to find a DBT therapist in the New Albany, Indiana area or the Louisville, Kentucky area? Thank you.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Here is a resource for you, where it's a very comprehensive list of therapists who have had their credentials verified etc. You can do a search by zip code and then by specialty such as bipolar disorder, or dbt therapy. You can even search by insurance too and on this site you can read each therapist's profile and see their photo as well.

Please click ACCEPT button for this answer. And feel free to continue the discussion with me, even after clicking accept. Here is the link: