Arundhati
Arundhati, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed psychotherapist, Published Wellness Author
41101243

I am trying to determine a possible diagnoses of my father

I am trying to determine a possible diagnoses of my father who apart from being extremely sadistic had this one phisical manifestation of an illness...that I faintly remember seeing as a child back in the 60's . I suspect it was right after extreme stress that happened to him just before I saw him : my brother almost lost his life due to a perceived negligence of my mother and my father beat her almost to death after that . I suspect then my father experienced this : I see him walking ... in a bent in the middle of his body at 90 DEGREES, his face basically forced to look down , walking like this , unable to straighten up . It was very bizarre , even for me as a child . I don't remember any other details but from what I know now he possibly suffered from severe form of paranoia, among who knows what else .
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Arundhati replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for writing in to Just Answer.

From what you describe it seems that the physical symptom your father exhibited could be Kyphosis. You can read about it here. I have so far not heard paranoia leading to such physical symptoms.

I hope this was helpful.

Please do let me know if you have questions/thoughts or if I failed to cover something you'd hoped I would.

Please also consider clicking on Accept if this was helpful as experts are not credited for their time or service otherwise.

Kind Regards,

Arundhati